Saturday 18th August Day Ride-out - North Pennines & Back  

RSS

Dave B
(@dave-b)
Eminent Member Moderator
06/08/2018 6:41 pm  

Hi all,

Following a successful trip yesterday & a communications error, I am running a full day ride-out on Saturday 18th August.

We will be meeting at the Morrison Car Park at Kendal (far side of the petrol station) for an 8:30am briefing.  Aim to leave at 8:45am in order to get breakfast on time.

Breakfast will be at the Langwathby Station Cafe (they have agreed to open up for us so I need a good turnout....).  This will be followed by a slightly longer than normal stint to our lunch stop in Barnard Castle.  Route will be via Stanhope & Wolsingham.  WARNING - if you eat at the "Teesdale Restaurant & Tea Shop", they do VERY LARGE portions - ask Haggis Dave about these.

After lunch, we will be heading to "The Creamery" at Hawes for the obligatory ice cream and cheese tasting/purchasing.  On leaving, we will head over to Horton-in-Ribblesdale, Austwick and end the ride at Devil's Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale somewhere around 4:oo-4:30pm (hopefully).  Timings are approximate and depends how long you want to stop at each point and as usual, traffic/road conditions.

This ride is suitable to all levels of rider and open to Associates and Full Members alike.  Please post on here if you plan on coming as I need to let the Langwathby Cafe know how many to expect.....

Attached is the route for those who want to see it and/or load it in to their satnavs (sorry, I don't have a suitable satnav file....)

Cheers, for now, Strap-On Dave

This topic was modified 2 weeks  ago by Dave B

ReplyQuote
Sarah G
(@sgalvani)
Eminent Member Full Member
07/08/2018 12:02 am  

Yes please. I’d like to come...

Sarah G

ReplyQuote
Dave B
(@dave-b)
Eminent Member Moderator
07/08/2018 8:58 am  

Seeing that it is you - OK then...  😜  

ReplyQuote
maellis
(@maellis)
Active Member Full Member
09/08/2018 11:40 am  

I would have come but it is the Charity Bikers rideout on the 19th and I can only manage one!

Mark

ReplyQuote
John B
(@john-b)
09/08/2018 5:28 pm  

Hi Dave,

Just back from my travels so may be a bit out of touch but I thought I was down to lead the 18th August ride out?

Not a problem. I will shelve it so there is no confusion.

John 

ReplyQuote
Dave B
(@dave-b)
Eminent Member Moderator
09/08/2018 5:45 pm  

Hi John. No problem. Rudy didn't have anyone on this so I sort of volunteered..... Hope you can join us though....

ReplyQuote
rudyrengers
(@rudyrengers)
Active Member Moderator
10/08/2018 8:38 pm  

Dave - I'm in thanks

I saw the note from John and have contacted him direct.

ReplyQuote
Silvertail
(@silvertail)
Member Admin
11/08/2018 10:58 pm  

Dave and I would like to go but, as mentioned before, with Parents arriving immanently and their move/house hunting/storage of their stuff etc, we can't make a solid commitment yet.  I should know more nearer the time.  🙂

Be Happy.

ReplyQuote
JohnnyB
(@johnnyb)
New Member Full Member
12/08/2018 6:00 pm  

Hi Dave,

I’ll be coming thanks.  Judy is staying at home so just 1 for breakfast.

john brooks.

ReplyQuote
astrid
(@astrid)
Active Member Moderator
15/08/2018 7:38 pm  

I will be coming Dave sorry for late response

ReplyQuote
PHd
 PHd
(@phd)
New Member Full Member
17/08/2018 10:08 am  

Hi Dave late reply, sorry, I'll be there tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
Silvertail
(@silvertail)
Member Admin
17/08/2018 11:10 pm  

Unfortunately Dave and I cannot attend but I hope everyone has a great time.  Family commitments I'm afraid (I know which I would rather be doing!) 🙄 

Be Happy.

ReplyQuote
Ukemoi
(@ukemoi)
18/08/2018 7:07 pm  

Hi Dave

Many thks for the excellent day we all had... Pam and I both enjoyed it- especially the breakfast! Appreciate the all the hard work you put in. Hope you enjoy the cheese too!

Ian

ReplyQuote
Dave B
(@dave-b)
Eminent Member Moderator
18/08/2018 11:24 pm  

Thanks all who joined the ride- even those only able to manage the breakfast.... Had a great day with great company.  Sorry for the diversions and various route changes. Hope you all enjoyed the ride home and sorry to Rudy for losing him at the end. Thanks to Rudy for TEC'ing forme as well.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register