Tourist trap  

RSS

Steve Blackdog
(@steve-blackdog)
New Member Full Member
09/03/2018 11:35 am  

On 29 December I was involved in my second no fault accident within 18 removed link  

Good news was I was behind the wheel of our 4x4 which meant zero injuries, but a new rear bumper and wiring loom, both damaged by the rear end removed link

The car behind had been following for around 5 minutes in stop start traffic coming up to traffic removed link  The driver was not the owner, it was her partner’s mother’s car, which they had borrowed for a weekend in the removed link She lost concentration somehow and just drove into us at about 5-10 removed link  It would have knocked me off a bike and probably would have removed link  A 4x4 slows you down much more than a lightweight (220kg) removed link

After I got out to speak to the passenger who had also got out, the driver (who had clearly stalled in gear) started the car again to pull off the removed link  Obviously in a fluster, she failed to dip the clutch and so lurched forward slamming into the back of our car for a second removed link

The first accident was on my bike, when a holidaymaker, driving his girlfriend’s car, pulled into my path, despite the fact that he was aware that he couldn’t see if anything was coming, as the winding road had overgrown plants obscuring his removed link  He just took a removed link  It just so happened that I was coming along when he pulled directly into my removed link  That one hurt and had me off the bike of best part of a removed link

So the moral/lesson is: there is a disproportionately high number of people driving in the Lakes who (a) are not used to driving at all and don’t own a car because they live in cities relying on public transport (b) have never driven outside an urban built up area (c) are in hire cars or borrowed cars (d) are looking at the scenery (e) are tired after a weekend of strenuous exercise, alcohol and poor sleep; and (f) are distracted by their passenger with their minds firmly on their destination rather than their removed link

If the December accident had been on the bike, I am not sure that I would have been looking forward to the coming biking removed link

Ride with caution!

cheers

Steve

ReplyQuote
Steve Blackdog
(@steve-blackdog)
New Member Full Member
09/03/2018 11:37 am  

Not sure why it says removed link all the time,  I can only assume that it is something to do with the forum removed link  

Please used whatever words you like to fill the spaces!

ReplyQuote
GrangeRob
(@grangerob)
Eminent Member Full Member
09/03/2018 8:54 pm  

It's good that you aren't removed link

Cars and bikes can be fixed but bones and flesh are a bit harder to sort out

I had, what I would consider a non-fault last week, though my insurance company said they class it as my fault

I was driving along the A590 and as it comes down to single carriageway just after Gilpin bridge, there are trees either side of the removed link  It was 10:30pm and I didn't see Bambi until I hit it, it just leapt out of the trees and front of removed link  I was doing 60mph in my MX5 and didn't even have chance to touch the removed link  Luckily the damage to the car is mainly cosmetic (I think, it's currently being repaired by the insurance company) and I drove removed link If I had been on the bike it would have been very bad indeed! 

So it's not just the tourists etc, the local wildlife also has it in for us as well!

ReplyQuote
Bob
 Bob
(@bob)
Trusted Member Moderator
17/03/2018 8:33 pm  
Posted by: Steve Blackdog

Not sure why it says removed link all the time,  I can only assume that it is something to do with the forum removed link  

Please used whatever words you like to fill the spaces!

Hi Steve,

I think the 'removed link' message comes up as you are still a new user.  Once you have posted more than 5 posts I think it'll all be OK.

Bob

ReplyQuote
Silvertail
(@silvertail)
Member Admin
09/04/2018 3:51 pm  

Yes, the 'removed link' relates to smileys and emoticons which have HTML aspects so as a new subscriber, all HTML is blocked for 5 posts to stop spam. 

Be Happy.

ReplyQuote
Silvertail
(@silvertail)
Member Admin
09/04/2018 3:52 pm  

Yes, the 'removed link' relates to smileys and emoticons which have HTML aspects so as a new subscriber, all HTML is blocked for 5 posts to stop spam. 

Be Happy.

ReplyQuote
GrangeRob
(@grangerob)
09/04/2018 4:52 pm  
Posted by: Silvertail

The 'removed link' seems to be random words blanked out, but yes, after a few posts they stop.  🤗 

ReplyQuote
stuarthurst
(@stuarthurst)
Active Member Full Member
20/04/2018 3:18 pm  

The removed link relates to the number of posts, a poster has made, rather than a new member trying to read it?

ReplyQuote
GrangeRob
(@grangerob)
20/04/2018 7:10 pm  
Posted by: stuarthurst

The removed link relates to the number of posts, a poster has made, rather than a new member trying to read it?

That seems to be the case.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register